Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Catching up

I had a hard time finding wifi in bankok so am only now posting on activities from the past few days.

Made it to the Grand Palace to see the sprawling palaces and the emerald Buddha and to Wat Pho for the reclining Buddha (all 150 feet of him)... The Thais love them some buddha.

Made itto a Thai boxing event - which was kind of fun... The heavyweights are my size... And everyone fighting looked about 14 ... At least from the cheap seats. Also had a tasty $1 meal on the street there from a vendor.

The highlight for me was probably the tour of Jim Thompson's house - an American architect and soldier who started the Thai silk company - he designed and decorated his house combining Thai and western elements... Pretty inspirational stuff.

I have some great shots of much of this on my camera but these will have to wait, alas, until I am back home. For now I'll leave you with some random pics from Bankok that I took with my iPhone.



















































































1 comment:

  1. hahahahhaha...
    i hope you shopped for a buddy and not a Buddy, although the sign did have a capital B. oh no...

    ReplyDelete