Thursday, April 30, 2009

The shakedown

Now for some bathroom humor. Last tidbit from Bankok. Had a bit of a shock the other night at a club I stopped into... Was using the men's room, doing my business at the urinal when I suddenly felt something cold and wet on the back of my neck. A guy who's 'job' (?) it is to give people unrequested neck and should massages proceeded to do so as I finished peeing. I guess I'm too polite or perhaps my Thai was a little rusty... Not sure what the phrase is for 'what in the hell are you doing?' ... Being touched in any way in this situation is more than a little creepy and I found myself so pleased not to have been mugged or worse that I gladly paid the 100 baht suggested donation printed on his collection plate. Personal space. Heard of it?geez.


-- Post From My iPhone

1 comment:

  1. oh my god! did you see him do it to anyone else? hmmmmm...
    you do have a nice neck. so funny!

    ReplyDelete