Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Some impressions of Bankok

Stayed in a low budget hotel (under $20 a night!) in a neighborhood (Banglamphu) that caters to a young backpacker crowd. The Nakorn Pink, recomended by a friend of a friend, is no frills and can't be called modern but the rooms are well kept and the neighborhood is safe and comfortable.

The nightlife in the area feels a bit like cancun (bars showing soccer filled with westerners drinking corona and eating spicy food) without the beach - though this provided some comfort as I settled in.

Traffic downtown is as horrific as advertised. If I were a taxi driver in bankok I'd probably drive myself into a bus - the lights appear to be sequenced on 5 minute intervals and you have a distintly salmon-like experience as you poke along.


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment