Friday, April 3, 2009

Men Working...

This really took place before I hit the road, but it was part of the adventure so I thought I'd do a post on it. As part of the preparations for my departure I finally took the plunge and started the construction project in my loft that I've been talking about since I moved in 5 years ago.

The vision was to make use of the space above the closet behind my kitchen - for additional floorspace as an office, art studio, lounge area and for a new storage closet.

With the help and guidance of my buddy Thane we were able to assemble a new room (well, a floorspace) in my loft in just under 2 weeks. Not bad for a first home improvement project!

I had a great time coming up with the designs and working with the power tools! Hauling the materials kinda sucked, but what can you do?

There's still much to do (electrical, flooring, ladder access from inside the closet, drywall of interior walls, finishing and painting), but the space works well for storage and I think it will blend well with the rest of the place nicely.


1 comment: