Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sleeping in Seattle


The first stop was a visit with my friends John and Justine in Seattle. Apparently it rains here from time to time, but you wouldn't know it. The weather was spectacular from the moment I arrived -- beautiful spring conditions that encouraged several pleasant walks around their pretty little neighborhood. They've got an adorable place with a terrific view. I know its been an adjustment moving here from NYC, but it seems to suit them pretty well, regardless.

On Saturday John and I headed up to Crystal mountain, about 90 minutes from Seattle. We had perfect spring ski conditions and I thoroughly enjoyed bombing down the steep slopes there on my board. The view of Mt. Ranier from the peak at Crystal is pretty amazing.

Sunday was a pretty lazy day - we got some breakfast, walked around outdoors a bit, and did some shopping. REI headquarters was impressive but I was most happy with the new snowboarding boots I picked up -- I will definitely have to make it up to the mountains at least once more this season.

Next up: Vancouver (though I'll be back in Seattle next weekend)

1 comment:

  1. we miss you already. have a fantastic soul-searching trip!

    ReplyDelete